Monday, May 17, 2010

Introducing the Kermits!

Last night, Ping and I met up at Ikea/Ikano after a long, long time. Although we attended the same church, are in the same ministry, communicate every other week, it is really different. On most occasion, we are "on the job" mode. So last night, it was a break for the two of us.

What do two childhood friends do when they hang out?

They bought hermit kermit crabs on impulse!














I got 4 of these crustaceans to replace 4 colleagues who left me for the Upper Room (they shifted to the 8th floor).

So let me introduce to you my new friends!
From left, Tank, Keet, Joy, and Peng.

Tank is called as such because his her it's shell is really heavy so it doesn't move a lot for this reason.

Keet has a big bum bum (much like it's human counterpart). Whenever it tries to hide in its shell, its bum bum will take up all the space that it couldn't bury itself in its own home.

Joy can't sit still. Almost a replica to its human counterpart.

Peng reacts to things really slowly. It's like it doesn't bother with its surroundings, again, much like its human counterpart.

My first lesson of keeping kermit crabs is DON'T PUT THEM IN A PLASTIC FOOD CONTAINER!
*Sigh*, I thought they would be easy to handle. Oh well, time to dig my pockets and shop for a nice aquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment